Mangia with Quattro
Dimesions: 9 x 10
Page Count: 256
Binding: Paperback with flaps
Features: colour throughout, including colour photographs
Mangia with Quattro
Italian food, from the Corsi family to yours.
For the Corsis, owners of Vancouver’s popular Quattro restaurants, the most important things in life are sharing simple meals with friends, cooking with fresh ingredients, drinking joyously, and living with abbondanza (Italian for abundance and a passion for life). In their first cookbook, Mangia with Quattro, abbondanza is the most important ingredient in every recipe. A collection they’ve amassed over the years in addition to their own personal anecdotes and experiences, Mangia with Quattro includes some of the Corsis’ favorite recipes from their restaurants, as well as the simple and satisfying dishes they enjoy at home with their families.
Mangia with Quattro is organized like an à la carte restaurant menu and includes a section on Italian pantry basics, which includes recipes for Brodo di Vitello (veal stock), Ragu (meat sauce), and Pasta Fatta in Casa (homemade pasta dough). Yielding six to eight ample servings, these recipes are meant to be enjoyed family style with the people you care about. So turn up the music, round up your friends and family, and prepare beautiful meals together.
Bring the abbondanza of Quattro into your own kitchen with recipes like:
• Cannellini Beans Silvana (Fagioli alla Silvana )
• Radicchio Salad with Goat Cheese (Radicchio e Caprino)
• Zucchini and Fennel Soup (Zuppa di Finocchio)
• Scallops with Prawn Vanilla Bean Bisque (Ventaglio Vanigliato)
• Glutton’s Fettuccine (Fettuccine Ghiottone)
• Lamb Sausage and Asiago Cheese Risotto Balls (Suppli alla Salsiccia)
• Roast Pork Tenderloin with Grappa and Sun-Dried Cherries (Filetto di Maiale alla Grappa)
• Tripe with Pancetta (Trippa alla Maenzana)
• Red Wine Sorbet with Honey Tuiles (Sorbetto al Vino Rosso)