Satisfy your growing children's appetites while ensuring their health. Childhood obesity is an epidemic throughout North America. Fueled by nutrition-poor junk food, obesity can lead to serious he
Satisfy your growing children's appetites while ensuring their health. Childhood obesity is an epidemic throughout North America. Fueled by nutrition-poor junk food, obesity can lead to serious health problems later in life, including heart disease and diabetes. The Eat Well, Live Well series features more than 110 recipes tailored to maintain good health in growing children — keeping even the fussiest eaters satisfied. With an informative, accessible introduction and a complete nutritional analysis for each recipe, Eat Well, Live Well with Growing Children is an inspiring, informative resource for parents who put their children's health first. Among the appealing and healthful dishes are:
- Chicken and corn soup
- Sweet potato and red lentil dip
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
- Fresh spring rolls
- Thai chicken burgers
- Fish parcels with soy and veggie strips
- Pork and chive dumplings, and
- Carrot and apricot muffins.
These fast, fresh and appetizing dishes will satisfy the whole family.
The Eat Well, Live Well series provides information for people with special dietary needs.
- Each title includes an introduction written by a prominent dietitian that will help facilitate living with a specific condition and diet.
- Alongside the more than 100 easy and delicious recipes in each book are easy-to-follow tips about treating, diagnosing and ultimately living comfortably with the particular disorder.
- A list of common symptoms helps identify digestive troubles.
- There are also lists of foods that should be avoided and recommended foods that ensure a balanced diet is attained.
A nutrition table accompanies every recipe, ensuring that the body is provided with adequate fuel and nourishment. Each book contains sections on:
- Living with the disorder
- Light meals and sides, and
- Basics Main meals.
Ultimately, the goal of the Eat Well, Live Well series is to provide specially tailored recipes that are fast, fresh and appetizing, and suitable for everyday eating as well as special occasions. The recipes are designed to satisfy the whole family, eliminating the need to cook separate meals to cater to special dietary demands.
View Biographical note
Is an accredited practicing dietitian with more than 15 years of clinical and research experience in the field of nutrition. She has worked in a wide range of nutrition areas, providing advice to adults and children with special nutrition needs.