Wild, exotic ways to incorporate chocolate into sweet and savory delicacies. Decadence and creativity merge into a blissful package of fine chocolate in this new cookbook by renowned chocolatiers Domi
Wild, exotic ways to incorporate chocolate into sweet and savory delicacies. Decadence and creativity merge into a blissful package of fine chocolate in this new cookbook by renowned chocolatiers Dominique and Cindy Duby.
Chocolate is not delegated solely to the desserts section of this book but is incorporated throughout in savory dishes, giving each plate a velvety, complex and delicious finish. Not to worry: there are decadent desserts like baked chocolate cream and spiced caramel dust spoons.
This new cookbook includes sections on cocktails and drinks, savory dishes (shellfish, fish, meat, vegetables) and sweet ends. Also included are professional add-on recipes, a section on basics, and a resource list.
All the exquisite recipes reflect the rationale at Wild Sweets, the authors' chocolate atelier. They blend the exotic and the familiar and offer elements of surprise with a sense of comfort. Among the selections:
- [savory-shellfish] Salmon: Cocoa Nib Grapefruit Hot Gelée | Muscovado Tuile | Vanilla Potatoes,
- [savory-meat] Beef: ChocoWine Gelée Pave | Cauliflower Emulsion | Filo Crisp
- [sweet-spiced] Pepper: Chocolate Banana Cream | Pecan Roast | Green Peppercorn Caramel Sauce
- [bites-crunch] Nougatine: Chocolate Nut Cream | Chocolate Sucrée | Cocoa Nibs Nougatine
- [drinks-cocktail] Kahlua: Whipped Milk Chocolate | Coffee Crystals | Chocolate Lady Fingers
Wild Sweets Chocolate will enchant the home cook. There are over 150 recipes in all.
View Biographical note
Dominique and Cindy Duby
are the chefs and owners of the critically-acclaimed DC DUBY Wild Sweets, an exotic chocolate atelier and virtual boutique based out of Vancouver. They bring to their work a unique combination of artistry and science. As world renowned chefs, the Dubys represented Canada in numerous international culinary art competitions, but their true passion lies in the scientific research aimed at expanding the palette of flavours and ingredients available to chefs.