Pairing appetizers and wines for a culinary orgasm. "Shari Darling, Canada's food-and-wine-pairing diva, takes culinary bliss to a new level. Don't even think of taking another bite or sip wit
Pairing appetizers and wines for a culinary orgasm. "Shari Darling, Canada's food-and-wine-pairing diva, takes culinary bliss to a new level. Don't even think of taking another bite or sip without her advice. Her book won't just add zest to your table, it'll also spice up your sensual life!" - Natalie MacLean, author of Red, White and Drunk All Over
and four-time James Beard Award Winner When a tasty bite is consumed and then paired with a sip of a fabulous wine that hits the right note, the experience has been called a culinary orgasm. In her new book, Orgasmic Appetizers and Matching Wines
, Shari Darling pairs simple appetizers with everyday wines in a way that elicits the MOAN FACTOR © every time. With sections on food and wine pairing, wine styles and exploring the senses — along with a superb selection of appetizer recipes — Shari Darling celebrates spine-tingling culinary enjoyment in a way that appeals to any cook or wine lover. Here are some of her mouthwatering appetizers:
- Wanton shrimp Virgin cherries stuffed with goat cheese
- Salt lover's canape
- Geisha carrot dip with crisp vegetables
- Salivating lobster salad sliders
- Hot and creamy crab tartlettes
- Spicy, 'n' smoky two-day, two-bite ribs
- Truffle mashed potatoes with garlic and caramelized leeks. Each recipe is paired with just the right wine selection to tantalize party guests or spice up a romantic interlude using the MOAN FACTOR ©.
View Biographical note
Shari Darling creates artisan foods for the wine lover through her company, Orgasmic Culinary Creations. She is a wine educator and judge, a syndicated columnist and the author of Harmony on the Palate.